Wednesday, February 3, 2010

ramblings of a newlywed on life lately...

Been a while and I should be writing a discussion post for class, but blogging is cooler. :) First off, I had to drop my first class ever last week. The Romantic Comedy class was a little too much to handle, so in order to be focused on my Methods block at least more for my first semester, Steven and I decided it would be better for me to drop the class, especially since it was already stressful after syllabus day, which is saying a lot. Aside from the minor setback...and an added summer course :-/ all is going SOOOO great!

Methods and being in a classroom 3 days a week is still a routine I am getting used to. My body is finally adjusting to waking up before 7 every morning, so that's good. Also, I am loving my classroom placement for the semester! I have an awesome cooperating teacher and I am in an all-Spanish Kindergarten class. The students and I are starting to become more acquainted, which makes learning so much simpler and makes me a little more "legit" when it comes to what I am teaching them. When I am there, the class is working on Readers and Writers Workshops, which include read-alouds, shared reading, etc. Students read and have literacy centers and they are so fun to be in charge of. Kindergarteners are SO bright and I am really blessed to watch them learn to read. :-D

In the near future, I will have to be teaching a Science lesson, later followed by a Literacy lesson in my classroom. After talking to our teacher, I will be asked to teach these in Spanish, which I won't lie...I'm pretty nervous about. One thing about this class is that they are, for the most part, dominant English speakers so I feel better about my Spanish speaking around them. Another plus is that my confidence in speaking Spanish has really gone up in only two weeks! Pray that both mine and Steven's lesson teaching go well!


Still golfing, improving and loving to learn and have a "married couple" hobby. Staying busy, loving life and learning to look at things from a child's perspective more and more. Going to LCU Master Follies probably for the last year to support the brothers and sisters of CD's and IK :) Pretty excited about the trip to LBK!

in the words of Kate Gosselin..."it's a crazy life, but it's our life!" We may not be so crazy, but for us there is a lot of change going on...sigue horando por nosotros :)

1 comment:

  1. Fun! Don't feel bad about dropping a class...you will get it all done! I dropped this whole semester ha and am changing my major AGAIN sheesh..I told Kyle I will have a career by the time I am 30 haha! Well I am glad you guys are doing great and enjoying married life!! Love ya both!

    ReplyDelete