Wednesday, February 17, 2010

love

I have always really loved Valentine's Day, but for obvious reasons have really loved these past 3 the most. :) I grew up getting excited about Valentine's Day festivities in school--I would always beg my parents to buy my class valentines before the store "ran out of the cool ones" and would go above and beyond to make my card basket the best and most beautiful. Although this probably annoyed everyone else in my classes, this was just my Type A, perfectionist coming through even at a young age. I would love baking heart-shaped cookies or making rice krispy treats with red sugar sprinkles in preparation for our party. (back then, it was actually a Valentine's party and not a "love fest") HA. High School...well the cuteness of the holiday ran out but it was still fun for me despite being single, which really made my day better-I was perfectly happy with flowers from Mom and Dad :)

For the past 3 Valentine's Days, I have really gotten to experience the kind of love from a guy that God has for us. Although we just go to dinner and spend time together, Steven goes above and beyond (without being corny) to make my day great, and our Vday requires no gifts or actual valentines. God goes above and beyond to make our lives in his image. He blesses us every single day. I truly have been blessed to have a husband that loves me just as Christ loves his church. So, as much as I love "love" themed things and probably always will get excited about "Love Fest" parties at school, I do realize that love extends way beyond one set out calendar day and beyond the largest love that we can imagine and I am so excited I am a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment