Wednesday, January 6, 2010

a new hobby for a new year

happy 2010! Hope everyone's year has gone great so far! I know ours has been absolutely amazing! Can't complain at all :) We started off the end of December spending some time with one of my cousins and her husband - he LOVES golfing and Steven golfs so they spent the day golfing while me and my cousin went shopping and got our nails done - not too shabby! Since golfing that day, Steven realized he missed golfing and had fun doing it not as a competition, but more as a hobby. So, on New Year's Day he wanted to go golfing and I joined him on the golf course. I was pretty much the cheerleader and golf cart driver, but suggested that maybe I would like to try hitting some golf balls around sometime. Well, we ended up going back to the course and I got to try golfing for the first time (aside from some putt-putt). I had a really rocky start...but eventually became tolerable. :) I actually really liked the sport, even though I wasn't really good; and we decided if I really liked golf then we could buy me some golf clubs. So, we went to the driving range today to actually let me learn how to properly swing a driver and I am starting to finally learn and feel a little more comfortable with things. and we went to get a set of golf clubs for me today! Thank you to my wonderful parents-in-law who got them for me! They are pink...shocker :) and I can't wait to get to go "play" with them...or at least practice so I don't look like a complete fool when I go golfing with Steven. But I am really excited to learn and I am glad I have such an encouraging husband for a golf coach! We have a hobby that we both enjoy...although he is MUCH better than I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment